HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Saturday, December 3, 2011

What Inspires You?


Hello Everyone!
I am busy working on craft projects around my house but I thought I would take a quick second to ask "What inspires you?". Whether it be a person, a place or do you inspire yourself?

When I have an idea or project in my head that I would like do but I don't know where to get started I look for inspiration from Google.....yes Google. For example recently I have thought about painting our trim throughout our home an off white (Dutch Boy Paint Natural Canvas to be exact) and I simply type this into Google Images and take a look at the pictures that would help me with this project. Or when I am thinking about installing board and batten in our hallway I look at pictures that help get me started. For example here are a few that have inspired for both of these projects!

I love the look of the crisp trim and bold colors but they have also included the look of natural wood in the ceiling, cabinets and mantle too.
 
















And for the board and batten treatment in our hallway I have been truly inspired by this living room. The before and afters are amazing and I love how just a little bit of hard work can turn a room from okay to AMAZING!

BEFORE

AFTER

I am serially loving the difference of the after!

Well I better get back to work but thank you for stopping by!

Jessica

No comments: