HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Card Display

Hello Everyone!I can't believe Christmas is only two weeks away! I hope everyone has their shopping done because I don't!

I have seen many ideas for displaying the many Holiday cards you receive this time of the year and I love them all. I wanted to put one together but I didn't want to spend any money and it didn't have to be perfect. I wanted to put the cards above our dining table so I went looking around our house to see if I could find something that could work. I remembered we got this framed artwork piece from Target a few years ago that I no longer use and I went to work!
It is a heavy frame with three pictures on some MDF type wood and they are glued down pretty good. I pried up the three pictures and tried ripping the wood raisers that were under each picture but they wouldn't budge.

Next I found some foam board that I had bought a while ago and trimmed it to fit in the frame. I cut my white burlap to size and attached the burlap to the foam board using a hot glue.
I took some twill tape I had and glued two long strips for attached to the foam board horizontally and two smaller strips to attach vertically. I didn't glue the whole length just every 3 inches or so.

I glued a black button on each intersection of the twill tape.
I glued the foam board in between the frame and hung it on the wall.
I have had these cuteee mini wood clothespins for a while now and I thought they would be perfect for this project.
Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

2 comments:

Natalie Meester said...

Very creative and a GREAT idea! Much nicer than what we used to do back in the day...ya know tape them over your doorways!

Hugs,
natalie

The Inspired Girl said...

Thanks Natalie!