HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ballard Designs Inspired Burlap Curtains


Hello Everyone!

I don't know how everyone feels about but I lovvvvveeeee burlap! I love the texture of it and how simple it is, yet rustic & elegant at the same time. I have used it a lot the past few months and especially at Christmas time, especially since it is so inexpensive.
I love me some Ballard Designs but I don't love the prices so much. Above are the curtains from Ballard Design and they cost between $50-$70 per panel!! Ummmmm yeah no thank you! I knew I could make some for less than $10! I quickly made these curtains over a year ago for our living room but I started to get tired of them. So here was my chance to make us some burlap curtains!




















 



Sorry for the bad picture!

I bought some burlap from Wal-Mart for around $2.50/yard and I bought three yards. I love sewing but I bought some heat bond for this project because it would be quick and easy to do! 
I measured the burlap and cut it to the size I wanted which was 84". I started to attach the heat bond on the unfinished side of the burlap and at the top and bottom.
I then attached my antique bronze colored panel clips at the top and hung them up!
Sorry for the night picture! I have to hang the corner panel still but I will wait until after Christmas! I have another plan and I will be starting it after Christmas too! It has to do with our trim!

Since I am loving burlap lately I made some Christmas stockings for the Husband and me!
Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

No comments: