HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Friday, December 16, 2011

Living Room Decor

Hello Everyone!

I love collecting antique boat oars and I have about 5 of them right now. They are leaning in our breezeway waiting for me to do something with them. So I decided to hang one above our small couch in our living room. I wanted to put it above the sign I made from an old built-in shelf that I ripped out of a closet. I found out that they is a Grout Pond in Vermont and I decided to paint the sign with a made up boat rental place since Mr. Inspired loves to fish. Here is the before:
Please ignore the few dog toys under the Christmas tree as my dogs do not like to pick up after themselves.

After I attached a couple hooks to the back of the oar I placed it on the wall right above the sign. I think I might add a few more because it still looks bare.
Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

No comments: