HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dining Table Switcharoo

Hello Everyone!
When we moved into our home we had inherited my parents round oak pedestal table which I thought WOULD not work for the envision I had for our dining area in our kitchen. Well after buying a "bar height" square table and three years later the original table that my parents had given us was back! My husband told me a few days ago he likes the idea of using the old round table because he never like the bar height table because he didn't like being elevated off the ground while eating?.....yeah I don't get it either. Anyway the cute round table is back and being the crazy person I am I decided that it must come out of the basement last night at around 8 pm at once and since my husband wasn't going to be home until 9:30 pm I was going to do it myself (note to readers, please wait to get help it was heavy!)

So I figured out how to take it apart and piece by piece I carried or lugged it up the stairs. Here it is in pieces.....just ignore the messy kitchen since I had shoved everything to one side and currently had to kitchen tables in the way.












So as I was taking apart our square table my husband came home to find me sitting on the floor with a drill and I think he isn't too surprised anymore when he comes home me in the middle of project :).












I was able to talk my husband in to helping me lift the top of the new/old table back on the pedestal and the switcharoo was done!

We have this long blank wall on the side of kitchen where we will finally put the french door in that will open to the deck (right now it is sitting in the corner of our kitchen)

So I have decided once I get the kitchen back to normal I will tear it apart again by installing some board & batten treatment along that wall and I CANNOT wait!!! Here is what I hope for it to look like:
I got a lovely surprise today from my younger sister! She was in Des Moines a month ago or so at a antique store and bought these fishing/boating tea towels for me! I LOVE THEM! Everyone knows my husband is obsessed with fishing and I am not talkign about laid back, enjoy the afternoon/weather fishing. He is very competivite about it but I am happy that he has a great hobbby that keeps busy on a Saturday so I can get some DIY projects done around the house. Anywho it's not that I don't mind fishing or the outdoors but I don't care for the stuffed fish/animals lodging decor that comes with it so I try to deocorate our home with things we boht like! Here are the towels and I haven't decided what I am goingn to do with them yet since I will not be using them as a towel.
Thanks again Lil' Seester for the awesome gift! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The board and batten is going to be the perfect backdrop for your new/old table. Those are awesome dish towels. What a great gift. You've got lots of inspiration with which to work.

Sharon @ mrshinesclass

Natalie Meester said...

can't wait to see the new wall!

I am from Iowa and love those towels for your husband.

You are talented and I hope to recreate your bell swag...before your post I was thinking of using Target dollar spot bells and covering them with torn tin foil.

Keep up the posts...love them!

Natalie
nataliemeester.blogspot.com

will be switching my blog soon but come check out my current one