HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Inspired Mason Jar Snow Globes

Hello Everyone!

I love Anthropologie and I wish I could afford all the beautiful items they offer but I finally found something that I can make an almost exact replica and it would cost WAY less than what they sell it for! Here is what the cute mason snow globe jars look like:

www.anthropologie.com

Cute, right? But $39 for the largest jar when you can buy everything for around five dollars!? I have a few mason jars and white glitter around my house so I just needed the cute, little trees! I found these cuties at a store and they were 50% off too! So they totaled around two dollars and some odd cents.

Next I got my mason jars ready and glued the bottom of the trees to the underside of the lids. Filled the jar with my some purr-tee glitter, screwed the lid back on and flipped over the jar. Voila! (Please ignore my mess of a desk-too many projects with very little time!)






















Here are the jars on the window sill in our kitchen. (Notice our stunning view of our Yellow Lab's kennel-no lake view property here!)












































What I love about these jars is I can leave them out all winter!

Jessica

3 comments:

Lisa MacDonald said...

You..Have inspired me ! Im certain I can get the little trees at the Dollar Store, here in Nova Scotia. I have several jars, that need a use ! Thanks Jessica !

Leah said...

Something else I read that you can use for snow in craft projects: Epsom Salts! I saw a project where someone had taken pillar candles and covered them in ModPodge, and then rolled them in Epsom Salts. Then they set the candles on a tray and sprinkled Epsom Salts around the candles. So it looked like the candles were covered in snow, and sitting in snow!

The Inspired Girl said...

I am using the epsom salts for filling mason jars and setting votives in them. I bought the spearmint scented epsom salts so it smells Christmas-y.