HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

 Welcome to our house of many projects! Sorry I have been absent for so long! May was a crazy busy month for us. I am working on quite a few projects around our house right now and I thought I would share with you some of them!

I had mentioned in the past about the patio door we have leaning against the wall in our kitchen and how we will eventually get it installed....well it finally happened! 
  Please ignore the fact that the wall to the right is still not done :) 

I am thinking about painting this door black/gray to match the other door in our kitchen that opens to the breezeway. We will also we building a cabinet to put above our refrigerator once the wall gets done and then build a beadboard surround around our fridge. Right now we are dealing with our old almond-ivory colored fridge in the middle of the room....
Pretty, isn't it? We don't usually have our cereal and other grocery items on our countertop but I can't get to the cabinet directly behind the fridge so I just leave them out for the time being. Also, please disregard my flip-flops and our dogs tiny tennis ball toy!

Of course in true Mrs. Inspired fashion, I almost never finish one project before jumping to the next so here is what I have starting in our living room:
Again, I know those items on that table don't mesh well and they are not supposed to. I had set somethings on that table to get them out of the way and I just took the picture with everyone on it. Anyway, the project I have started in our living room is well painting the walls (notice the color above the MDF board and beginning to add a board & batten treatment to the largest wall in our living room that will continue down our hallway to our bedrooms & bathroom.

Before we moved into our home 3 years ago, I had painted each room and well I think I have painted each room again. I love picking out paint colors and just when I think I found the prefect color I start to paint and regret my decision. This is the case with the color below the board in the picture here. If that is what the color actually looked like in this picture, I would keep it but it doesn't. I thought it was a light tan/camel color but it ending up with too much green in it. I love green but it didn't look right. I just lived with it for a while and I have finally got down to business with changing the color!

Well these our the projects I am currently working on and I hope to share with you the final results soon! Fingers crossed!

Do you have projects you are currently working on or do you have projects that you hope to start soon?

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

No comments: