HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Finishing Projects!

Hello!

I am going to show you some of the projects I have been working on lately but I wanted to talk about something first about a problem I have......with finishing projects! I have so many ideas and I want to get them done all at once, and that isn't possible! I can't completely finish a project before I start working on the next one! My poor husband has to deal with the consequence of my project finishing problems but I am working on it!
Anyway, here is a project I had planned for our master bedroom for some time and I just had to wait until the dear husband left town for a fishing trip! Unfortunately I did not finish (surprise, surprise!) but I thought I would share with you some pictures of the project right now!

I wanted to give the wall behind our bed a cottage-y look so I bought some tongue & groove board to give it that look. Now bear with me because the project is not done but this is what I have so far.
I painted our bedroom Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams but I had it mixed at Menard's with Dutch Boy paint and I painted the trim & boards with Natural Canvas by Dutch Boy which I love because it is a warm white.

I am going to paint our lamps a soft yellow and figure out something withe lamp shades.
You can see where I stopped at the light switches because I want to get the master electrician to help me with that (aka my husband). I need to finish painting the trim around the windows with Natural Canvas.
Here is another example of me not finishing one project and then starting the next....
Our closet doors! Eek! I need to remove the hardware and spray paint them with a ORB finish but that will be for another day!

The frame with the sideways art....well I am going to replace that with a wedding picture probably but I wanted to make sure it fit!

Have a great day!
Jessica

No comments: