HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year!

Hello!
My blog finally has a new look which I hope you approve! I am taking all my fall decor down and replacing it with my favorite decor-CHRISTMAS! I just love this time of the year because everything is so sparkly and pretty! I had seen this idea here last year and I thought would wait until this year since I already had the tree up and decorated by the time I saw this post. Our fake tree we bought a few years isn't the prettiest and I hate the bases of Christmas trees and I am not a huge fan of tree skirts. I had seen lots of trees in galvanized buckets and pretty baskets, and I knew what I had to do. 

First I look apart our tree stand which was a piece of cake and I took off all of the branches at the bottom.

I had bought a plastic bucket and a 50 lb bag of Quikrete, the smallest bag they offer. I pllaced my tree in the empty bucket and poured the dry mix in (which gets pretty dusty and it didn't help I had my two dogs trying to figure out what the heck I was doing!).


I then poured water into the mix like the directions said. I was worried my tree wouldn't stay put but it did so I didn't have to support it while the concrete hardened.

I let it cure overnight and they next morning it was solid. I put the tree in a plastic bucket so if I change my mind and want to put it in a basket I can!

I am finishing my tree today which I will post pictures soon!!


Tootles,
Jessica

No comments: