HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Monday, November 28, 2011

Let the sunshine in!!

Hello Dawlings!
So I loveee natural light and can't stand a dark home, which is why my bathroom situation has always bugged me! When we moved into our home over 2 years ago we made a quick decision for a window covering for our bathroom (which I might add is a work in progress!). I loathe cellular shades and I am sorry if I offended anyone who loves them. Cellular shades have no personality and are well they are just blah. Our bathroom has a window right near the commode and the view from this window is our neighbor's kitchen window. Now I do love our neighbor and he is a super nice guy but I don't think he wants to have the view of our bathroom when he is doing his dishes........or maybe he does-I kid, I kid! Anywho so we quickly made a decision to put up a cellular shade so that it filters the light but also gives us privacy. Fast forward two years later and I hate it.

Sorry for the terrible picture but I just didn't care because I couldn't look at this boring thing any longer!

We have wood blinds and bamboo shades throughout our home which I love because they give some warmth so I took the bamboo shade off our window in the kitchen which we will be installing a door (another post for another day) and quickly realized it was too wide. So I came up with an idea of cutting it with my scissors and using paints tape as a guide. I first messed how much I wanted to take off each side.
$5.00 to anyone who notices my dog's dainty feet!

I then marked the shade with my painters tape and I cut away! It wasn't to terrible but just make to keep the strips of bamboo even.
Here ya go! I did make a liner for it out of brown fabric to allow for extra privacy! Sorry the picture is taken at night but I kept getting distracted by other projects!!


Have a great rest of the Monday!!
Jessica

No comments: