HomeTutorialsThe ShopMy Home

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years everyone!

I can't believe it's 2012 already! I have been making a list of home projects I hope to accomplish this year and I will let you in on them over the next week. 

My husband Mr. Inspired and I celebrated New Years last night with a lot of our friends. Like any get together we have, there was so much food to enjoy! I contributed by making my cake pops but this time I added some crushed Oreos to the cake & frosting mix and instead of letting the coating harden while sitting upright in a foam wreath I just placed them in silver cupcake liners. They are not the best ones I have made but they tasted just the same if not better!
My younger sister had made some amazing avocado salsa for our family Christmas and since I love anything with avocado I asked her for the recipe which she kindly supplied to me. :)
I have made two batches since I got the recipe and it is pretty easy so I decided to make some for our friend's New Years party along with a watermelon salsa. - I got that recipe from my younger sister too!
I had two medium size glass jars with lids and decided at the last minute to make some card stock labels from our computer.
Here are the recipes for the avocado salsa:

Avocado Salsa
1 (16 oz) package of frozen corn kernels, thawed
2 (2.25 oz) can sliced ripe black olives, drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced

1. In a large bowl, mix corn, olives, red pepper and onion.
2. In a small bowl, mix garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
3. Stir avocados into the mixture before serving.
Enjoy!!

I hope to inspire everyone this new year!
Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

savvychic said...

Hi Jessica
Found you via Knock off Decor.
Your salsas sound yummy. Would you share the reciped for the watermelon salsa too?
Happy New Year.
Kym

Anonymous said...

OMG love cake pops!!! and your blog!!

http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

your newest follower :)

follow me back? XOXO